Growing your business as a first-time business owner is a challenge that many fail at. Most don’t understand how learning about marketing and how to perform market research helps their business grow instantly. Some people equally fail to recognize the impact that social media can have on their business.
Business owners from all niches miss out on so much potential traffic from not promoting their business on social media. Although there are too many platforms to keep up with, there shouldn’t be one you aren’t on unless its not ideal for your business.
The question becomes which social media platforms are best for your business and how can they impact your business growth?
How Can Instagram Impact Your Business Growth?
Instagram is one of the fastest growing social platforms!
According to Hootsuite, “200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile daily.” Instagram is image and video based only which is the number one way most social media users would rather consume their content.
Not only do you have the opportunity to reach potential customers through your Instagram feed. But you also have Instagram stories and now Reels which is a great way to fast track your Instagram growth.
Don’t just rely on posting once a week on your businesses Instagram page. The ideal posting rate should be one to two times a day on your IG feed. At least 5-10 times a day on your Instagram stories and one to two times a week on Instagram Reels.
This may seem like a lot of content to post! However, you have potential customers online at different times and you don’t want to miss out on traffic and profits.
How Can Twitter Impact Your Business Growth?
Twitter is one platform that makes it easy for you to grow on! When I initially began blogging it took me no time to reach 700 followers and I’m now at over 4,000 followers.
While it may seem as if nobody is on Twitter as much as Instagram, your business needs Twitter. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Twitter helps you to be easily found through keywords in your descriptions
2. Twitter users rely on hashtags for their posts to be seen which generates even more traffic to your profile
3. Tweeting about trending topics can get you a front row seat in front of millions of new customers.
You can even take this a step further by using your businesses blog posts to receive new traffic. There are thousands of amazing blog retweet accounts that will put your posts in front of thousands of new customers. One retweet can turn into money in an instant!
If your business doesn’t have a blog (which it needs immediately) then you can also discover quite a few Twitter accounts that retweet small businesses.
Twitter is my favorite social platform that helps you connect with other like-minded business owners and potential customers looking for a business like yours!
Post at least 5 times a day!
How Can Facebook Impact Your Business Growth?
While I’m personally not a big fan of Facebook, it is no secret that your business growth can explode by utilizing the social platform.
This is the only social media platform that I feel comes with pros and cons:
1. Facebook allows you to reconnect with people you know that may guarantee support and extra shares for your business.
2. Advertising fees on Facebook won’t break the bank.
3. Facebook also now has stories which are great to give behind the scene looks into your business.
4. You can create a designated page for your business which helps your separate from your personal page.
1. The Facebook algorithm can stop your posts from being seen.
2. They can willingly delete your content even if it isn’t harming anyone personally.
3. Their advertising rules are very strict.
4. Your posts won’t be seen immediately after publishing. Some popular posts can be put before your new posts.
Facebook is a great place to establish a community for your tribe of supporters. This community can ultimately drive more support and prioritize your posts to those that like your business page.
Post on your Facebook Business Page at least 3 times a day!
How Can Pinterest Impact Your Business Growth?
I’ve briefly talked about how Pinterest can significantly impact your blog/business! Although I’m not a pinterest expert I have found some good tips that have helped me gain traffic onto this very blog you’re reading right now!
Pinterest is less of a social media platform, but it is still very vital to your business growth.
Here are a some tips I’ve learned that has helped my business get new traffic and customers:
1. Keywords on Pinterest are everything.
2. Just as with Instagram, Pinterest is image and video driven so those are the best pins to create.
3. Using keywords in your profile description and name also drives more people to discovering your business.
4. Trending topics are a remarkable way to find Pin ideas that relate to your business.
5. Hashtags are equally essential on Pinterest.
6. Beautiful video pins are dominating Pinterest.
Post at least 4 times a day!
These are just a few social media platforms that can provide your business with the growth you desire. While it may seem like a lot of work, it takes dedication to become successful!
Don’t give up and make sure you are giving your business the time it deserves!